Since I finished my last project, I have found myself in one of those states where I want to make all the things but can’t actually manage to get started. This often leads to random fabric purchases and getting cross with myself for having wasted my precious sewing time.
I have a number of projects from my #2018makenine that I should be getting on with, but as the season changes I am in the mood for something new. I have been sewing for winter for too long now and it might be time to push myself to try something different.
I also want to join in with a couple of the current sewing challenges – #makeyourstash really appeals to me – I want to push myself to use up a few pieces of fabric that I love but have hesitated to cut into. #Sewtogetherforsummer is back and this year it is all about wrap dresses – I have wanted to make a wrap dress for ages but for some reason I keep putting it off – I am hoping to make a version in both knit and woven fabrics. And of course I am joining in with Me Made May again this year.
So I am giving myself a ‘Spring Six’ – not quite a full on #makenine, but hopefully enough to keep me on track and help me focus on what I want to achieve over the next couple of months!
- T-shirts – starting with the most basic of basics – I have some lovely summer weight jersey fabric which is going to end up as either a Deer and Doe Plantain or Grainline Hemlock tee – both free patterns and both TNT patterns for me.
- Wrap dress – I already have the Sewoverit Ultimate wrap dress pattern and as a bonus I want to add the Highlands wrap dress for woven fabrics. The ultimate wrap dress will use up some lovely cotton and silk jersey fabric that I have been sitting on for at least two years and I am looking for some linen for the woven wrap dress.
- Closet Case Patterns Morgan jeans – ticking off one of my makenine projects and using up some green denim that has been in my stash for nearly a year waiting for the moment when I feel brave enough to make some jeans!
- Deer and Doe Melilot – this is such a TNT pattern for me and I am going to use up some precious Liberty Solsetur cotton lawn – I know the fabric will work perfectly with this pattern so time to finally get on with it.
- Sewoverit Ultimate trousers or Pauline Alice Port trousers – it is time to replace some of my summer trousers which are looking a bit worn out – I already have at least two pieces of navy blue cotton fabric with a bit of stretch which will be perfect for either pattern – another stash buster.
- Deer and Doe Nenuphar jacket – time to try something new – the new Deer & Doe patterns have jumped straight into my sewing queue – I need a summer jacket and I want to make this in a heavy linen!
Fingers crossed that I can stick to the plan and not be distracted by any more shiny new patterns that might come along…
What are your Spring sewing plans?