Gillian at Crafting a Rainbow is hosting the Top 5’s again and you can find links to all the posts here. I am really pleased to have plenty of candidates for Top 5 Hits and not too many for the Top 5 Misses!
- My first coat – I know I only posted about this a week ago, but it is one of the things I am most proud of this year. The fabric was a real investment for me and I am so delighted that I ended up with a genuinely wearable coat.
- Ultimate Trousers – I have made 5 pairs this year – I spent a lot of time working on the fit back in the spring and I have worn every pair many times – my waist and hip are in different size ranges so I struggle to find RTW trousers to fit and sewing has allowed me to make something that fits as I want it!
- Simplicity Blogger challenge – Highly Commended! Simplicity 1364. I was so pleased to be highly commended in the Vintage category of the Simplicity Challenge, I really enjoyed making my paisley print button back top and it also got regular wear (with the Ultimate Trousers mostly!) over the summer.
- McCalls M6696 – white broderie dress. I really love this one, it turned out exactly as I visualised it and it is the absolute perfect summer dress. I am also really happy with how all the shirt details turned out. The only downside is that living in the North of England there are so few days where you can wear a beautiful white summer dress so it hasn’t had a lot of wear.
- True Bias Southport dress. There were several possible options for the final hit that all had lots of wear – my grey Sewaholic Davie dress, teal Colette Moneta and my linen Sewaholic Hollyburn skirt. But I am going to choose the Southport dress just because it reminds me of a perfect holiday (and because thanks to SewSouthLondon’s suggestion I have worn it through the autumn with tights and a jumper too)